Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Designing the Home, Defining the Self

My name is Cailen, and I own an interior design business called Cailen Ascher Design. In addition to running my business, I am currently working on a book entitled Well-Designed Living - for the woman who wants to design her home and define herself. About a year back, I was struck with a thought. How can I design an environment for someone who is struggling with her current lifestyle? Homes are meant to be sanctuaries that reflect our passions, desires, style and personality; so how could I ever create a successful design for a client who is not comfortable with her current reality?

For years, I've had an interest in nutrition, fitness and all aspects of leading a healthy, harmonious life. So, it was a natural progression for me to combine my two passions: interior design and wellness. My book is meant to empower people, especially women, to not let another day go by wasted. My wish is that women come away from reading this with a desire to remake their lifestyle if they are dissatisfied with it and to create a home environment that nurtures them and encourages well-being.

The art of Well-Designed Living revolves around three key components:
1. Listening to and loving yourself, inside and out.
2. Allowing your authentic inner voice to be your guide in all that you do.
3. Making your home a reflection of the life you want.

Well-Designed Living is meant to show women how vital it is to take time for themselves in order to get to know their personal needs and wants and also in order to be a better mother, wife, daughter and friend.

"The whole point of being alive is to evolve into the complete person you were intended to be. We can't become what we need to be by remaining what we are." - Oprah Winfrey



For more information about my interior design company, Cailen Ascher Design, or my upcoming book, Well-Designed Living, visit www.CailenAscher.bravehost.com or email CailenAscher@gmail.com.

1 comment:

  1. Do you know where I can purchase the quote posted from your account entitled: Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets? It has an image of a person with an umbrella on the bottom left corner and a bird in the upper right hand corner. I would really like to get a copy of this to hang in my new home.

    bellalily4126@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

hello there. thank you for your comments - i love reading them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails