Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Designer Show House Update

The room I'm designing for the annual Bucks County Designer Show House in Lahaska, PA (now called "The High-Society Bedchamber") is really coming along quite nicely. When I began, it was covered with old, tattered ivy wallpaper and had huge (and I mean huge) cracks in the plaster walls. After a lot of help from friends and family, I'm happy to report that we are not only sans wallpaper but have the walls and trim painted!

Three of the four walls are in a cool-toned, gray-blue and the fourth wall is getting a faux treatment with an elegant, iron-work style stencil and will be coated with a pearl glaze - very glamorous! The trim is in a high-gloss light white-gray which really makes it shine. The overall effect is quite chic and sophisticated in nature, which is exactly what I was hoping for.

Next week, I'll begin moving in all the pieces I'll be using in the room, starting with a 12ft by 15ft handmade Persian rug that is drop-dead gorgeous. After that, I'll begin moving in the bed and silk tufted headboard, mirrored-door armoire, Lucite table, Jens Risom wing chair, mirrored-top vanity, marble-base lamps, etc. etc. etc.

I've been chronicling the entire process with my digital camera and will have pictures to share soon!

For more information about Cailen Ascher Design or my upcoming book, Well-Designed Living, visit www.CailenAscher.bravehost.com or email CailenAscher@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello there. thank you for your comments - i love reading them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails