Monday, February 28, 2011

...it's simple love...

[IMG_2972.JPG]
rachael @ ...it's simple love...
as one of the new features of lifestyle maven, each month i'll be featuring a "blog of note".  i'll share one of the blogs i <3 and give you a behind the scenes look at the fabulous blogger, herself!  this month i'm featuring rachael from ...it's simple love...  she is a complete sweetheart whose vintage-chic style is ever-present on her blog.  she always has some hidden treasure that she is sharing (or giving away) to her loyal readers.

not only that, but rachael was one of the first bloggers i networked with when i first started rethinking my blog back in september 2010.  she offered me great advice and tips and even co-hosted a giveaway with me.  after reading all about rachael and ...it's simple love... take a trip over to her lovely blog : )


1. how did you come up with the concept for ...it's simple love...?
To be honest, it is an ever evolving blog. It started as just a personal blog however when I moved to Peru I started to get more involved in the blogging world. I wanted to share my traveling and adventure stories and pictures with the world. Now my blog includes travel/adventure, etsy favorites, shop updates, and more. I am hoping that it continues to grow and expand as my life grows and changes.


2. when did you start blogging?
I really started blogging last February 2010 about a month after moving to Peru.


3. what's your best blogging tip?
My best blogging tip is blog for you, share what you really love and what is in your heart and mind. Don't stress about stats or how many comments you have. Just have fun!


4. what's your favorite food?
My favorite food has to be sushi! Hands down.

picture credit {here}

5. what's your favorite book?
My favorite book is the Book of Mormon! (I am LDS). Another fave is "What Should I Do With My Life" by Po Bronson, sounds boring but it is about real life stories and it is actually quite an easy and enjoyable read.


6. what's your job/career (outside of blogging)?
I am a social worker. I work at the Salt Lake City Homeless Shelter full time. I also have a part time job as a youth counselor for an in-home family therapy session. And I run my online vintage shop, Ande Monster.


ande monster vintage clutch

7. describe yourself in 4 words or less.
loyal. loving. contemplative. adventurous.


8. describe your blog in 4 words or less.
random. clean. travel oriented. vintage-inspired.


ande monster pencil skirt

9. any other info you would like to include? fun facts, blogging tips, randomness...
Fun fact: Owls are the only birds who can see the colour blue. Neat!
 
 
so, isn't it about time you checked out ...it's simple love... ?

4 comments:

  1. how fun!! i love this little interview :) xoxo jcd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog idea! It's nice to know about blogger friends

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great interview! I think her advice about not worrying about stats is the best, it's one of the things that's kept me sane through almost 6 years of blogging + I love that little fact about owls, so fab!

    Hope you're having a great week so far!
    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love "what should i do with my life", such a great book! it's not often that you hear others mention it--very cool!

    ReplyDelete

hello there. thank you for your comments - i love reading them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails