Thursday, June 16, 2011

carrot ribbon salad

this super simple salad is the perfect summer side.  (you like all the alliteration?  thank you, ap english.)  anyway, if you have 5 min, you can pull it together...and it's so pretty : )

2 large carrots
1/2 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp teriyaki
1/2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp chopped garlic

makes 2 side dish servings


1. peel the outer layer off the carrots and toss it
2. keep peeling...and peeling...
3. toss the ribbons with the soy, teriyaki, oil and garlic
4. done!

i didn't have any (unfortunately) but fresh chopped chives would be awesome on this! 

we enjoyed our carrot ribbon salad along with homemade turkey burgers, sweet potato fries with chipotle salsa dipping sauce and sauteed onions & zucchini.

6 comments:

  1. i have never been one to eat my veggies... but this is super pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a gorgeous blog! I love all the buttons you've created and your maven movement slogan is great! I'm your newest follower ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with your blog! You are such a happy girl! Haha, thank-you for following me, i'm following you too!
    xoxo www.avenuemaria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this looks delicous! I love your blog, I followed you. It would be amazing if you followed me back! X
    www.viewsofnow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. well that was easy...i could make that! :)

    ReplyDelete

hello there. thank you for your comments - i love reading them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails