Friday, September 23, 2011

happy hour: three's a crowd?

i have been all about multi-grape wines lately.  though i love my go-to sauvignon blanc, i'm totally digging the supple, hearty reds and surprising whites that emerge when winemakers mix & mash different varietals.

drink me.
my favorite combo-wine maker is ménage à trois.  i know, i know, good name, right?  they have red, white and rosé 3-grape wines, and they are all good.  all their wines are a mixture of (you guessed it) three different grapes and consequently all have a uniquely pleasing quality that delights many different palates.  and at approximately $10/bottle, you really can't go wrong...


also, these mixtures are a great place to start if you're unsure of a certain type of grape.  look for a combo wine that includes that varietal and ease your way in.

sooo goood.

so, in my humble opinion, three is definitely not a crowd.  three is just getting the party started ; )

so, mavens, drink any good wines lately?  cheers!



3 comments:

  1. I don't drink, but yall make drinking look good.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried the red and one of the whites of this and it's really good for an inexpensive bottle of wine. The name is what drew me to it.

    -RB

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm playing catch up on all your posts so decided to comment on this one, but I'll touch on a few.

    I LOVE this wine in the red. It's great.

    Your wedding shower food spread looked delicious.

    Congrats. Wow, it will be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete

hello there. thank you for your comments - i love reading them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails